Nutrition Data Per Serving, 124g: 263 calories, 42g carb, 7g fat, 125mg sodium, 4g fiber, 9g protein, low Saturated Fat & Cholesterol, good source of Magnesium, Phosphorus and Manganese. Estimated glycemic load 23
- 1 cup or so cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 2 Tbsp chopped dried apricots or other dried fruit: cranberries, currants, blueberries, chopped figs or dates as you like
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup almond, hemp or soy milk, flavored or plain unsweetened. Add more as needed. Use dairy milk if you prefer.
- Optional: 1 Tbsp maple syrup, brown rice syrup or other sweetener
- Combine all ingredients in a two quart saucepan
- Heat on medium-low, stirring, until the quinoa has soaked up the liquid, and the dried fruit has plumped up nicely
- Add more milk if needed until the consistency pleases you
- That’s it. Enjoy!