- Prep Time 30 min
- Total Time 30 min
- Servings 8
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup black beans (from 15-oz can), drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 small tomato, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Step1 Rinse quinoa thoroughly by placing in a fine-mesh strainer and holding under cold running water until water runs clear; drain well.
- Step2 In 2-quart saucepan, heat broth to boiling. Add quinoa; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Step3 Fluff quinoa with fork. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook uncovered about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.